Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties. Essential Functions
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate's voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma
- One year of administrative experience
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity. Advanced Excel skills highly preferable
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Cedar Financial Hiring Process:
- Apply Online: Create a profile and submit your resume online. We'll call you if you are being considered for a position.
- Phone Interview: We'll chat to see if you are a good candidate for the role we are considering for you.
- Take Assessments: You may be asked to come in for skills testing, if needed for the role.
- On-site Interview: We'll talk with you in person to get to know you better. (This may be done the same day as skills testing.)
- Pre-Employment Verification: We'll conduct a reference, background, education and employment check, and you will need to pass a drug screen.
"I started working for Cedar Financial as a temporary employee. The president was impressed with my performance and I was hired on as a regular full time employee soon after. I have enjoyed working in the professional, entrepreneurial spirit of the company."